Feb 25, 2020
The Healthcare Administration Certificate program provides students with the opportunity to explore the area specific to the healthcare industry and the challenges it faces in ligh tof regulatory changes and client needs. The course requirements provide an understanding of the healthcare system in the United States and associated concern for security, privacy protections, quality and cost controls, as well as overall viability. This certificate program povides an in-dept level of expertise that would allow studetns to prepare for careers in healthcare administration.
Student Learning Outcomes
After completeing the certificate program students should be able to:
- Identify the components of healthcare administration that must be managed based on impacts from the global economy.
- Apply critical analytical skills in choosing amoung alternative courses of action in various aspects of policy and practices for fiscal responsibility and accountability.
- Analyze the impact of the legal and regulatory environment on healthcare organizations as well as respond to competitive pressures.
- Develop healthcare management systems that reflect operational practices and security protocols for organizational effectiveness.
Admission to Study
Applications for graduate study should be directed to the Office of Graduate Studies at Coastal Carolina University.
Applicants for regular admission to the Healthcare Administration Graduate Certificate program must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of an application form and payment of the application fee.
- Submission of an official undergraduate transcript from each post-secondary school or college previously attended, including any graduate study previously undertaken.
- Evidence of having received a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution in this country or its equivalent at a foreign institution based on a four-year degree..
- Completion of the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) within the last five years. GMAT waiver: Applicants with a minimum of 5 years of relevant professionsl work experience will not be required to take the GMAT. The GMAT requirement can also be waived at the discretion of the College of Business Graduate Director with approval of the MBA Committee. Students requesting a GMAT waiver should submit the request in writing to the College of Business Graduate Director The request should specify the academic and relevant work experience that reflects the rigor equivalent to the high level of study required in gradute programs of business.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 overall from undregraduate and graduate programs completed. The College of Business Graduate Director also has discretion in evaluating GPA requirements for admission.
- Submission of two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the academic ability, level of responsibility, and work ethic of theapplicant.
- If a non-native speaker of English, provide official results from tests taken within the last three years or one of the following acceptable means of documenting English language proficiency consistent with success in graduate programs Note that higher scores may be required of some graduate programs so applicants are urged to consult their desired program to identify whether a higher score is required:
- A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based (PBT) or 79 on the internet (iBT) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
- A minimum score of 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam;
- Certificate of Completion of level 112 of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) from an ELS Language Center;
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic with a score of 59;
- Cambridge CAE (Certificate of Advanced English ) with a minimum level of C1;
- Cambridge CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with a minimum level of C1;
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) with a score of 77:
- TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) with a score of 745:
- Bachelor’s degree earned from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher education within the last three years or admission to any graduate program at Coastal Carolina University.
An admisison decision is made when all evidence of the applicant’s abilit to succeed in gradute studies has been submitted.
Requirements (12 Graduate Credit Hours)
Complete the following courses:
Choose two from the following courses: