Feb 24, 2024
This 12 credit hour certificate program provides opportunities for educators and trainers to develop advanced competencies in designing, delivering and managing effective instruction for online learning environments. Teaching certification is not required for admission. South Carolina certified teachers who complete the certificate program as directed by their advisers may be eligible to apply for add-on endorsements from the State Department of Education.
Student Learning Outcomes
After completing the Certificate in Online Teaching and Training program, students will be able to:
- Design effective assessment strategies for evaluating online learners.
- Design, develop, and select instructional content for effective online teaching.
- Demonstrate proficiency using various production tools to develop effective online instructional environments and resources.
- Identify and apply teaching strategies and technology tools to promote effective online communication and collaboration.
- Understand theoretical foundations of effective online teaching and learning.
Admission to Study
Applications for graduate study should be directed to the Office of Graduate Studies at Coastal Carolina University.
Applicants for admission to the Certificate in Online Teaching and Training program must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of the application form and payment of the application fee.
- Evidence of having received a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution in this country or its equivalent at a foreign institution based on a four-year degree program.
- Submission of an official transcript from each post-secondary school or college previously attended (all prior undergraduate academic study must be represented as well as any graduate study).
- Submission of a written statement of educational and career goals, including how this certificate program will contribute to realizing those goals.
Required Courses (12 Graduate Credit Hours)
Choose ONE elective course from the following: